I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t love banana bread, fresh out of the oven. Banana bread is one of those foods that evokes great nostalgia and is an ultimate cure for any homesickness.
This smeared with a thick layer of butter, or almond butter, is so satisfying. And to add to the beauty of it, this recipe is healthy enough to justify eating it for breakfast.
√ gluten free
√ no cane sugar
√ extra protein
√ added fibre
- 150g coconut oil, melted
- 130g coconut sugar
- 2 bananas mashed (200g)
- ½ cup water
- 30g flax flour
- 100g cassava flour
- 80g oat flour
- 2g guar gum (3/4 tsp)
- 10g baking powder
- 30g hemp powder (or other protein powder)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix coconut oil, mashed egg, water and coconut sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-40min or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool for 15 min before removing from the tin.
- Serve with almond butter for real delicious-ness.
I usually get 18 – 20 slices per loaf
|Per 100g||Per serving
(approx. 45g slice)
|Saturated fat (g)||15,7||7,3|
*based on theoretical information