Nothing beats pesto, except for the joy of homemade pesto! Pesto Pasta, Pesto Paninis, Pesto Pizza, Pesto anything!
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 75g chunk of Parmesan cheese (or even better, Kleinriver Gruberg)
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews (because pine nuts are hella expensive)
- 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
How to make it
- Add the basil leaves, peas, Parmesan cheese, yeast extract, garlic, lemon juice or vinegar, cashew nuts, salt and pepper to a food processor (or to a blender).
- Blend continuously until the ingredients start to breakdown.
- Stream the olive oil in while pulsing on low and allow the ingredients to emulsify with the oil. Keep processing until the oil is combined with the basil and other ingredients.
- use immediately or store in the fridge in a clean glass jar for a week.