This is my own Delicious alternative to that disgusting mayo-packed disgrace of a coleslaw salad. Its fresh and light and zesty. Perfect along side a pulled lamb pita, or my Worlds best lamb meatballs
- 3 cups red cabbage shaved/sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped garlic chives (keep 1 Tbsp aside as garnish)
- 1/4 cup finely sliced fresh mint
- 1 grated medium apple
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 medium-large lemon
- Chilli flakes
How to make it
- Put the red cabbage, grated apple, garlic chives and mint into a bowl and toss together.
- Mix the lemon juice, honey, salt & pepper, and chilli flakes together until honey dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the red cabbage and toss to coat.
- Pop in the fridge until ready to serve. Great to make ahead (3 hours before serving is ideal)