Healthy, Wintery, warm-and-fussy soup for cold Cape nights in June. Need i say more?…
What you need
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 heads of Cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano etc)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1,5L of vegetable stock
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Spread the broccoli and cauliflower on a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and roast for 30 minutes (keep checking it so that it does burn too much).
- Saute the onion, garlic, celery and carrots n the olive oil and until all is soft and lightly browned.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper and some chilli flakes if you wish.
- Add the roasted broccoli and cauliflower and cook for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the stock until all veggies are covered.
- Bring to a simmer, and let bubble for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Blend the soup in a powerful blender until smooth.
- Once Smoothly blended, serve while still hot and steamy.
- Top with crunchy Roasted Chickpeas and fresh crusty bread