Taking “Dip ‘n Ouma” to a whole new healthier, nuttier, gluten-free-er, refined sugar free-er, delicious-er level!
What you need
- Gluten Free Self Raising flour
- 220g cassava flour
- 200g buckwheat flour or oat flour, or a mix of both
- 200g rice flour
- 50g flax flour
- 50g psyllium husk
- 35g corn starch
- 30g baking powder
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 325g coconut sugar
- 30-50g hemp seed powder
- Choice of extras, my favourite combo is…
- 150g roasted almonds
- 100g buckwheat kernels
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g goji berries
- 150g coconut flakes
- 200g melted butter/canola oil/coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- milk (of choice)
How to make them
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease 1 extra large, or 2 large deep roasting pans and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Mix all wet ingredients
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until well incorporated
- Add all of the extras and mix well
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted (if still raw or wet, then cook for further 10-15 min intervals).
- Allow to cool slightly, or about 10 minutes.
- Tip the baked rusk “cake” onto a large cutting board and remove the baking paper
- Slice up the rusks into approximately 10cm x 2cm chunks.
- Place rusks onto a wire rack or baking tray, spaced about half a centimeter apart.
- Dry overnight (8-10 hours) at 100C
- Store in an airtight container
|CALCULATED NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION|
|Per 100 g||Per 25g rusk|
|Saturated fat (g)||9||2|
|Dietry Fiber (g)||4||1|
|Omega 3 (mg)||87||21|
|Omega 6 (mg)||428||103|