Nothing like a cinnamon-sugar pancake in rainy weather… or sunny weather… or for breakfast. These taste the same as they ones you buy from the grannies at Church markets, but the fact that these are slightly less inflammatory to your tum-tum is just a bonus!
What you need
- 100g cassava flour
- 350ml milk (of choice)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or canola oil or melted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
How to make them
- Beat the egg, and add the milk, flour and salt
- Whisk well until smooth and creamy, with no lumps
- Heat up a non-stick pan and melt a small blob of coconut oil/butter/canola oil
- Ladle pancake mix into the hot pan and swirl around until thin and even.
- Brown on each side, and repeat.
- Serve with cinnamon, lemon, maple syrup/coconut sugar, or fresh fruit and nuts, or ice cream and coconut, or yogurt and honey, or all of the above, if you so wish.
- Make sure to give the batter a mix between ladle-full of pancake mix that you cook.
- I’ve added Activated Charcoal to my batter for a fun and creepy twist